|To:||Deans, Directors, and Department Heads|
|Subject:||Campus Safety and Security|
|Date:||October 16, 2015|
Campus Safety and Security
As NC State implements initiatives as identified in the Security Master Plan, we must emphasize that everyone plays an important role in campus safety and security so we may have optimal preparedness and responsiveness. NC State is standardizing security infrastructure for all buildings and facilities to ensure consistent deployment of security systems and technology.
In order to ensure safety and security measures are appropriately met, the Associate Vice Chancellor for Environmental Health and Public Safety is designated the authority to define and require, on a project-specific basis, implementation of consistent security measures across the University in accordance with the Security Master Plan and NC State security rules and regulations. Specific items requiring consideration during design and renovation include, but are not limited to:
- Facility Construction Guidelines Planning and Design – Security http://facilities.ofa.ncsu.edu/files/2015/02/division00_planning_design_security.pdf
- Facility Construction Guidelines Planning and Design – Security Matrix
- REG 04.05.03 – Electronic Security Management System (SMS)
- REG 04.05.04 – Building Locking Systems
- NC State University 2015-2919 Security Master Plan
Please contact the Associate Vice Chancellor for Environmental Health and Public Safety early in the design and renovation planning process to help ensure security guidelines and standards are being met.
cc: David Rainer, Associate Vice Chancellor for Environmental Health and Public Safety